<MobilePOEMES3gp> is project to rethink Sant Jordi. We decided it would be interesting to explore new forms of expression linked to this Catalan tradition of long standing. Finally, we wanted to propose a participatory platform, a device of persuasion to mobilize the residents of Sant Andreu to engage in a playful proposal. We wanted to create a distributed system that would escape the peer to peer logic of the traditional exchange: one rose, one book.
The technical setup came naturally as we decided the scope of the proposal.
Spreading the love around via mobile networks. The setup for <MobilePOEMES3gp> is:
- An audiovisual recording system is set outside metro station La Sagrera. Citizen can stand in front of the camera and recite a poem, sing a song, make a declaration of love…
- These short videos are filmed and compressed to a 3gp format straight away.
- Videos are sent to the next station where a hot spot bluetooth will broadcast the contents to all those devices with bluetooth on.
- Citizens will receive a lovely surprise in their mobile phones and send it via MMS or bluetooth to their loved ones 😉
In the news
- MobilePoemes3gp in the media
- Felicitacions, versos i roses a través de ‘bluetooth’ per felicitar el Sant Jordi, TV3, 2010